Whenever you purchase a new printer, installing the printer’s driver becomes the topmost priority before even installing the printer. This is a very important step for any kind of printer because without the correct driver installed, the computer will not be able to relay any kind of command to the printer and hence print work cannot be carried out. It is to be noted that a driver is very important in order to carry out your everyday printing activities. So with that said, this blog is a descriptive about the steps that are carried out to install HP LaserJet 1020 driver on Mac. Many Mac users have addressed this very topic over and over again because they seem to have a problem while installing this particular printer driver on their Mac computer. Although the process isn’t complicated to carry out, many people lack the basic knowledge of common installation procedures. So if you want to know how you can install an HP printer driver on your Mac, you can follow the instructions below or you can also visit the HP Printer Customer Care Number.
It comes as no surprise that the process of installing HP printer driver is a problem for some. But all you have to know is the correct download site and you are good to go. Nevertheless, the steps to accomplish that are listed below for your reference:
- The first you need to do is to download the driver file. For that, you must go to the HP printer Drivers for OS download page and click on the blue ‘download’ button.
- Save this file to a location or folder on your Mac and make sure that the printer is powered on and connected to the computer through the USB cable.
- After this, on your Mac computer, go to ‘system preferences’ and under this option, click on ‘printers and scanners’.
- Besides this option, you will see a plus sign, click on it and select the name of the printer.
- Now choose the driver or the printer model and then click on ‘printer software’.
- You will be shown a window with a list of installed drivers. Type in the printer’s model name to find the driver and click ‘ok’.
- After following the instructions on the screen you should see the printer is listed on the ‘printer and scan window’.
Also Read: HP Printer Not Connecting to computer
Just make sure that when you install HP LaserJet 1020 driver, provide the correct version or model name to prevent any unnecessary complication.