What to do when PDF does not open on a computer
The Adobe Reader is a free program that is used to open PDF documents on a computer and on mobile devices. And these files can come in a variety of forms like pictures, text documents, forms, books etc. So when there is an error in this program, you will not be able to access PDF files or documents anywhere. And it is a very common problem that happens to almost everyone who owns a computer. Sometimes, you aren’t able to open PDF on your computer and this can be very annoying. But there are still ways that can untangle this predicament. If you would like to know what you can do to resolve this issue, then you have come to the right place. As this blog will serve as a guide for you to know what you can do when PDF does not open on a computer. If you wish to talk to a technical supervisor instead, you can do that by calling Adobe customer support number.
When opening a pdf file becomes too troubling for you, perform these methods and steps below to fix the complication. Also make sure that you have a downloaded Adobe Reader DC on your system before carrying out any steps.
Try setting Adobe Acrobat Reader DC as the default PDF owner.
- Select the PDF file and right click on it to open the ‘choose default program’ option.
- Now, you need to choose Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and choose the option underneath depending on the operating system that you have installed on your system and click ‘ok’.
- If you are using a Mac computer, click on the pdf icon. Under this click on ‘file’ and ‘get info’.
- Click on the icon next to ‘open with’ and choose ‘Adobe Acrobat reader’ and to save it, click on ‘change all’.
Try Updating the Adobe Acrobat Reader program.
- Open the program on your computer and select ‘help’ then click on ‘check for updates’.
- When the updater window appears on the screen, click on ‘yes’ to install.
- Now, to complete the process, you need to restart your computer.
After this is completed, try opening a pdf file on your computer and see if it worked. If it did not do anything, call Adobe technical support number to talk to an experienced and qualified employee. Also, note that this number is available around the clock and can be accessed at any time of the day.